Health & Safety at Construction Projects
B Mac Safety can assist both the Client, Designer, PSDP, PSCS, Main Contractor and subcontractors in complying with their duties under the SHW@W act 2005 and Construction Regulations 2013 and General Application regulations, to optimise construction safety.
Under regulation 6 of the construction regulations a Client must appoint a competent PSDP and PSCS for any construction project involving more than 1 contractor, involving a particular risk or which will last more than 30 working days or 500 person days.
B Mac Safety can assist the client in assessing competence of Designer, PSDP, PSCS and all other appointments made by the Client. The following is a list of how B Mac Safety can assist the PSDP, PSCS and main contractor and subcontractors.
How B Mac Safety can assist
- Complete AF1 and AF2 and send to the HAS
- Produce Preliminary Health and Safety Plan and assist designers with Design Risk Assessment
- Produce Construction Stage Health and Safety Plan,
- Prepare Site Safety Management system file for the PSCS and Main Contractor
- Produce Site Specific Safety Statements Method Statements and Risk Assessments for subcontractors on site.
- Complete site audits and inductions of workers on site
- Provide safety officer on site
- Review safety documentation.
- Do Manual Handling, abrasive wheel and work at height training when necessary.
- Carry out site audits and inspections at regular intervals.
- Investigate incidents or near misses as necessary
- Collate Safety file on completion of the project.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or give me a call!